ROBOBLOG III Archives

8.13.2006

Re: The Shadow Chronicles

My good friend Derick gives Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles a "B." If I remember his remarks right, very good animation throughout, mostly good voice acting -- a few jokes fall flat, a few weird dialogue readings, IIRC, but not bad overall -- and an excellent score, so good that afterwards he asked when he could buy the soundtrack CD. He did note that it felt long, kind of the way that Megazone 23 Part 1 feels long. When you bear in mind that the events of Megazone 23 Part 1 were supposed to be thirteen episodes of a TV anime, and The Shadow Chronicles project began with the desire to create a new ROBOTECH TV series, well ... that does make sense.

Apologies if I misquoted him anywhere; it's not like I was taking notes.

To read Darkwater's take on the film, clicky-click here.

Does anyone else have any opinions they'd like to share? Drop 'em in the comments thread.

2 Comments:

  • Hi.

    Im thrilled to hear the news! Ive grown my interest in Robotech again back in december 2005 when me and my friends from grammar school reunited and we all wondered if that series ever got an ending. and just recently we found your site and it got our prayers answered!

    Nice information you have in your page. rock on!

    -Fernando

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 August, 2006 20:49  

  • I just saw Shadow Chronicles and I would have to agree with your friend but overall it was good. If you have watched the series and read the wildstorm comics then it will pay off in a big way. I read one review that said this would destroy robotech like the starwars prequels did for its franchise. All I have to say is dead wrong. Go see it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 28 August, 2006 03:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home