ROBOBLOG III Archives

9.11.2006

Shadow Chronicles in St. Louis!



Sooooooo, after being told by the guys at Harmony Gold that if I wanted to see Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles in the midwest I would have to make it happen, I actually spent an afternoon contacting film festivals via e-mail. This was the first one that e-mailed me (and Kev) back: the St. Louis International Film Festival.

Today it was confirmed on Robotech.com: The Shadow Chronicles is playing there on Saturday, November 11, 2006. While it's a long trip from my hometown out there (something like fifteen hours by car, a shade less if you floor it down the highway), there is no force on Earth that could prevent me from getting out to see the movie there. It's a rare day when Harmony Gold comes out to my neck of the woods (or thereabouts) rather than the other way around, and beyond that this is (pending Funimation's theatrical schedule) the first best opportunity for me to see the movie. So I'm going.

Hope to see some of you there!

Oh, and though it doesn't affect me in any way, as Darkwater points out it's also playing at the Connecticut Film Festival in Westport, CT from October 3-8. And yeah, I wouldn't have noticed that if Darkwater hadn't pointed it out -- I was a bit lost in the moment, y'know? ^_^

3 Comments:

  • I'm planning to be there myself, courtesy of my brother, whose wife's family lives that way and who is at least as long time of a Robotech fan as I am. Given that they have a DVD player in their van for the kiddies, he and I are contemplating watching episodes of the series all the way up there. :) You and I should meet up, and perhaps compare notes after the show.

    Depending on where you are, you might want to see if you can ride the train into and out of St. Louis. It would be cheaper than airfare (and you'd get to take water with you), and if you took a red-eye train (if they have them) you could probably get some sleep on the way in.

    By Blogger Chris Meadows, at 14 September, 2006 00:54  

  • The train might also cost less than paying for gas to get you to St. Louis and back would—or at least fairly close, in which case the convenience of not having to drive yourself would make up the difference.

    Or it might not. But if I were you, I'd check it out.

    By Blogger Chris Meadows, at 14 September, 2006 01:07  

  • I'm a resident of the west suburbs of Saint Louis. It's abit of a drive to the place where this is playing, along with getting a ticket or getting it at the door. I plan on requesting off myself and get there to see it. It's too good of a opertunity, only 30 minutes or less away from my house. I cant wait.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 20 October, 2006 02:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home