ROBOBLOG III Archives

2.03.2007

Thank goodness my computer's back at 100% ...

Earlier this evening my pal Ian Melton gave me a ring to tell me that the Shadow Chronicles DVD was in his hands at a Circuit City and he was going to buy it and rush home and hopefully give it a spin and tell me what he thought tonight. I was intensely jealous, but I do want to hear what he thinks.

Anyway, I hung up and wasn't away from the phone for more than five minutes before he called me back and told they wouldn't let him buy it until Tuesday. No street date breaking at Circuit City, no way!

Poor guy.

* * *

I'm thinking of doing some work on the comics blog later tonight, but right now, you get links.


Actually, if you want to see a lot more comparison shots of the Shadow Chronicles cast of characters, I made this thing around a year ago. It might come in handy on Tuesday, when you're busy speculating about the next ROBOTECH animation after you're done watching the DVD. Of course, you'll have to mark off a couple of extra casualties while you're at it ...

  • I point out this "What Robotech Character Are You?" quiz only because my girlfriend just e-mailed the link to me and told me she wound up most like Dana Sterling, of all people. Suddenly I am that much more attracted to her -- my girlfriend, I mean, not Dana. Heh. Meanwhile, I ended up with this:



You scored as Scott Bernard. Born in outer space during the Expeditionary Mission, Scott Bernard is part of the new generation of Earth's defenders. He is a pilot in the Mars Division, one of the advanced battalions trying to reclaim Earth from the Invid. He arrives on his ancestral planet as one of the only few survivors from this advance Robotech fleet. When he recovers from the shock of his disastrous landing, Scott, sets about to fulfill his mission to reach Reflex Point and join Admiral Rick Hunter's new army at all costs.

Which Robotech character are you most like?
created with QuizFarm.com

Scott Bernard

80%

Dana Sterling

60%

Rick Hunter

60%

Nova Satori

60%

Max Sterling

50%

Lancer a.k.a. Yellow Dancer

50%

Lynn Minmei

40%

Lisa Hayes

30%

Marie Crystal

30%

Annie LaBelle

10%

    Well, sure ...

  • For you general mecha-heads, my pal Evan Cass points me to the Live 365 radio station Super Robot Taizen, featuring a constant stream of mecha anime tunes new, old, and really old. (Ore wa Gu-ra-i-to, Gu-raito Mazinga!) I've got almost all of these songs on my computer in MP3 format, but I've still been listening to this all night, and will probably continue to 'til morning.

6 Comments:

  • what are ya gonna write in yer blog?

    By Blogger ChrisK, at 04 February, 2007 01:04  

  • hey! that's my quiz! I forgot about that :D thanks for posting the link, i wouldn't have ever found it again :D

    - Deevil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04 February, 2007 01:15  

  • Wow, one wonders why Circuit Shi&mdashah, City even had it on the shelves if they weren't going to sell it yet.

    You shoulda told him to check Best Buy, or somewhere else, and not darken CC's door again.

    By Blogger Chris Meadows, at 04 February, 2007 03:06  

  • medmapguy: I was going to do the last issue of Sentinels and then either another issue of Prelude or start on From The Stars. But then I got tired. Maybe tonight after my anti-Superbowl anime marathon ...

    Chris: Oh yes, the moment the words were out of his mouth I said, "Try Best Buy." He didn't call back, so I don't know if he found it at Best Buy or what, but somehow I doubt it. I think he would have given me a ring regardless of the time if he'd gotten his copy of Shadow Chronicles and gotten to watch it ...

    By Blogger Captain JLS, at 04 February, 2007 13:18  

  • Superbowl's supposed to take your mind off anime. Here you are trying to do the opposite. What a true Robotech fan.

    By Blogger ChrisK, at 05 February, 2007 23:57  

  • All I gotta say is ur gf is hot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13 February, 2007 11:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home