ROBOBLOG III Archives

1.24.2007

[Not Robotech] The FUNimation BIG REVEAL score so far.

Well, today bore the first fruit from FUNimation's 2007 kickoff week. After Monday's announcement regarding FUNimation's acquisition of the North American rights to the anime based on the Korean MMORPG Ragnarok and Tuesday's announcement that FUNi also had the rights to the run-of-the-mill teenage romantic comedy Suzuka, finally there's something I can sink my teeth into -- they've got the rights to Satelite's 2005 sci-fi/fantasy robot anime Aquarion, created by Macross co-creator and mecha designer Shoji Kawamori. That's something at least. I'm not so keen on the show, but I did only watch the first episode -- I might pick up the first disc and give it another shot. I mean, it's a Shoji Kawamori show. It's the least I can do.


The rest of the Dan Woren interview will be up either late tomorrow night or late Friday night. And if you don't feel like keeping your eyes here to see which it is, Robotech.com will probably keep you posted.

Cripes, it's STILL weird seeing my face there. *shudders*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home