ROBOBLOG III Archives

3.05.2007

The Macross is small, but pretty.


Collection DX does the whole extensive photography + video thing with Wave's brand spankin' new plastic & die-cast metal SDF-1 Macross from the film Macross: Do You Remember Love? Clicky-click here to gaze upon its glory.

The video shows how small it really is -- the review says it's eight inches in robot mode, nine from stem to stern in fortress mode -- but given how solid the reviewer says it is, I'm thinking it still might be well worth whatever odd number you can get it for. When I'm a little more financially sound, this is definitely going on my list -- or maybe I can see if someone would be willing to pony up the cash for it for my birthday. Hmm.

3 Comments:

  • What a coincidence! They're selling this baby in a local comic shop for about the same price as the official Macross toys (that's 6000 in my currency, divided by 50 dollar rate) so... yep. It's pricey.

    By Blogger ChrisK, at 05 March, 2007 17:08  

  • Maybe I need to buy two of these bad boys when the day comes around.

    Let me speak with personal experience, getting to caress the mighty fortress in a hobby shop in Akihabara... it is beautiful.

    I cannot tell you how hard it was not to buy the blessed ship on the spot... she is truly a beautiful piece of work. I would so love to put her on my workstation on the Kitty.... but I'm sure my Master Chief would disagree. (Now, my chief back at A-School on the other hand, would most likely have wanted it for HIS desk. But... such is life.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 March, 2007 01:45  

  • I got that. It's small all right but very tough. All I'd advise is watch out when reconfiguring the main gun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 March, 2007 18:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home