ROBOBLOG III Archives

5.30.2007

Twofer.

  • The other day, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to buy, off of eBay, an old Robotech coloring & activity book. I got the one with a Cyclone rider and an Invid Shock Trooper on the cover. (See it at Robotech Museum here, eighth item down.) Little did I consider what bizarre horrors might lurk within its pages. I knew there would be the usual bits of overused lineart reproduced weirdly ...


    ... but the mangled and misinformed nonsense that fills the book on the puzzle pages and captions is enough to drive someone with ROBOTECH canon OCD like myself up a wall. And it's not just the usual, "Oh look, they trusted the loopy stuff in the Style Guide again." No, it's simple things, too. Here's my favorite "whoops" moment in the book. Follow the directions:


    I think the page speaks for itself.

  • On the total opposite end of the ROBOTECH spectrum -- that is, detailed and accurate modern stuff coming out in the franchise's ancestral homeland of Nippon -- the Japanese toy companies have clearly gone Mospeada-crazy. Now Megahouse is getting into the act with this transformable Mospeada Ride Armor (image nicked from Collection DX):


    This is a non-scale item, not to be confused with Beagle's 1/12 scale transformable Mospeada coming next year -- at least, that's my understanding from what I've seen floating around the web.

    So, when does Southern Cross get the love? Oh, that's right, never. Ah well.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Wow! The coloring book sounds "better" than the read-along story book. :)

    By Blogger Admiral DMC McKeever, at 30 May, 2007 07:33  

  • Wow, it truly is a great time to be a Mospeada fan! I’ll keep my fingers crossed these companies let Stick share the spotlight with the rest of the cast.
    --Rosic

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30 May, 2007 16:59  

  • Dozlaa is unhappy with your mockery.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09 June, 2007 22:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home