ROBOBLOG III Archives

2.03.2006

Garland tidbit ...


Last night my friend Levi called me with an additional tidbit about the transforming Garland toy. Apparently he was on the phone with a representative from Yamato yesterday afternoon and found out that the Garland will come with a figure of series lead Shogo Yahagi (Robotech The Movie's Mark Landry), and you can in fact transform the toy in such a way that the Garland will encase him in robot/armor mode, just like in the show! I don't know about you, but suddenly I'm a little more sold on this thing than I was before.

This is not the first time that Yamato has done something this cool -- their 1/12 scale Scopedog Votom from one of my other favorite 80's robot franchises, Armored Trooper Votoms, was compatible with a 1/12 scale fully poseable figure of that show's lead, Chirico Cuvie (see pic below), but Chirico and his mecha were both sold separately. My understanding at this time is that the Garland and Shogo will come as a set.



Now that I think about it, it's kind of a shame that the Garland isn't 1/12 scale -- mixing and matching pilots would be fun -- but I imagine that would make that already pricy Garland even more expensive.

2 Comments:

  • Any word if maybe they would sell it in the states?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 03 February, 2006 19:10  

  • Almost certainly, and probably for a shade cheaper than the yen price. Bear in mind, Levi was talking to someone from the U.S. branch (the company formerly known as Toycom). Betcha it'll be available via the Diamond Comic Distributors catalog sometime during the summer at the latest.

    By Blogger Captain JLS, at 03 February, 2006 19:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home