ROBOBLOG III Archives

7.25.2006

Remember that Michael Bradley/Yellow Dancer CD?

So I get an e-mail from one of my fellow fans (one Carlos Boninlla -- thanks for the tip, man!) regarding this post at Michael Bradley (singing voice for Yellow Dancer in Robotech: The New Generation)'s MySpace page. He's been working on this new CD featuring rerecordings of all the songs he wrote for ROBOTECH, and the buzz from fans who've heard bits and pieces is that it sounds awesome. Unfortunately, he's hitting this wall when it comes to getting the rights to use the ROBOTECH name and related imagery on the cover and in advertising and such. Heck, he's even talking about not having it available via Robotech.com's store. I'm flashing back to when Harmony Gold's lawyers sent cease-and-desist letters to anime retailers regarding import Macross merchandise some years back -- the Harmony Gold legal team strikes me as a wee bit overzealous, and in this instance, I can't for the life of me figure out why they're acting like this. But then as Darkwater says, "What do we know? We're just dumb fanboys."

Oh, and while you're at Darkwater's blog, read the comments for even more disheartening buzz. Ugh!

So, given all that, Michael Bradley asks us ...

Does anyone think it would matter if I DON'T release this as a "ROBOTECH" project? It would be titled "Lonely Soldier Boy" (as I mentioned in an earlier blog). And it would only have the ROBOTECH songs that I was involved with from the series and the movie...so does it really matter if "ROBOTECH" is on the cover or not?

Anyway, if any of you guys out there want to give me your opinion, please send me a message on this site. I'd love to hear from anyone on this subject.


He says he wants input, so if you've got a MySpace account, pop on over and give him your input.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home