ROBOBLOG III Archives

1.16.2007

Intriguing Palladium tidbit ...


From a January 15 Palladium Books press release by Publisher Kevin Siembieda (read it in full here):

I don’t know if I’m a little burned out or a bit emotionally drained or what, but I have been picking up speed and plan to knock one new book out after another, in this order: 1) Rifts® Sourcebook One, Revised and Expanded, 2) Rifts® World Book 30: D-Bees™ of North America, 3) Rifts® Dimension Book 10: Hades, Pits of Hell™ (where the Minion War begins), 4) Rifts® Dimension Book 11: Dyval™, 5) The Rifter® #38, and 6) Robotech®: The Shadow Chronicles®. I want to have ALL of these books out by May, 2007 ...

Emphasis on that particular point, of course, mine.

So it looks like the first new ROBOTECH RPG book is going to be the Shadow Chronicles sourcebook, and not the "ultimate" or "revised" or whatever edition of the original Macross Saga book. Can't say I'm shocked given the timing. That also looks like a very optimistic schedule considering the number of books Siembieda's working on. I guess we'll see if he meets that May '07 deadline ... hey, we're ROBOTECH fans, we're used to late products at this point.

2 Comments:

  • It always drove me crazy that a book called Return of the Masters features an Invid on the cover fighting another Mospeada mecha. It's called Return of the Masters but there is nothing Southern Cross about it. Why?

    By Blogger Ginrai, at 17 January, 2007 12:41  

  • Gosh, I'd go into it in detail, but I don't have my copy of the book with me... but if memory serves me correctly, it deals with a Robotech Masters colony/ some downed ship in Asia, and is kind of a crossover plot. But it's been a while since I've read it and my copies of the Robotech RPG books are back home...
    But, the point is, the book was released during the push of Sentinels and Invid Invasion. However, have no fear, there is QUITE a bit of Southern Crossism in it.

    But seeing a revival of Robotech RPG makes me a VERY happy camper. Very awesome! I'd love to see a Robotech Gold Edition like Rifts got.

    Of course, I'd also like to see a Macross II RPG revival... but I think I'm dreaming there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18 January, 2007 06:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home