ROBOBLOG III Archives

2.07.2007

The Shadow Chronicles DVD chat | More commercial fun!

Well, I just left the Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles DVD discussion episode of Space Station Liberty after three and a half hours. I did so only reluctantly because, honestly, I need some rest. Haven't had much in the way of that the past few days. If you've given the DVD a spin at this point, click on over and give it a listen (it should be over by the time you're reading this), though there are probably some stretches where you might want to do some fast-forwarding ... there's lots of going round and round over certain leaps the movie makes. (Seriously, The Shadow Chronicles is enjoyable, but far from perfect.) Despite those stretches, though, I'm happy I joined in, and it gave me a lot to think about when I next watch the movie, which will probably be Friday.

* * *

Roger Harkavy passes along a Gakken Legioss toy commercial at Google Video -- just what I was looking for last night. Click on over. It's pretty cool.

Meanwhile, you probably already saw this on Darkwater's blog, but Cyc (who uploaded it, ripped from his copy of the Japanese Mospeada DVD set) e-mailed me the link while I was at work, so I feel obligated to post it. Besides, it's AWESOME. You can watch it again -- I know I sure as hell can, over and over ...



I don't think there are too many things better than a toy Ride Armor beautifully reenacting the climactic fight from the first episode of Mospeada against cartoon Inbit. If there are, I can't think of them right now. Damn.

2 Comments:

  • oooooh, original video recordings of the commerical. The Mospeada DVD versions of the various Gakken and Imai commericals all have the time-code my uploaded one sports...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07 February, 2007 15:47  

  • That is soo cool.
    I had one of those Robotech/Mospeada Cyclones that actually transformed when I was in 7th or 8th grade 20ish years ago. Bought in on clearance at Children's Palace. I returned it a couple of days later because I had buyers remorse.
    Dang it!!

    I think I did the same think with a blue alpha.

    By Blogger kevbayer, at 07 February, 2007 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home