ROBOBLOG III Archives

5.22.2006

Reflections, And Might I Ask A Favor?

When I was interviewed at Robotech Underground a while back, the subject of how long I've been bouncing around the on-line fandom was approached. And while I haven't been around as long as some, ROBOTECH fandom on-line has been a part of my life for something like eight, maybe nine years now. That just boggles my mind. But at this point I don't venture out much beyond my little hut here, my little on-line kiosk. And the reason why might seem a little silly, but, well ... it's because none of the on-line forums feel like home

This was home.


Okay, that's not a reflection of one of my finest hours -- there I was, flame-baiting the jerk who took down The Robotech Page's RTMB -- but hey, what can I say, I was young and stupid. But the funny thing is, I don't even feel 100% comfortable here, on what is ostensibly my own turf, the way I did back on the old RTMB. I didn't feel that way back in the day with the SDF-5X forum at Bravenet, or the abortive attempt I recently made to start an Emissaries forum.

Okay, yeah, I'm probably just depressed and it's making me all reflective and such. That, and the trip's got me nervous.

"What trip, Jonathan?"

Why, this trip, of course.

Which brings me to a little bit of, how shall we say, abuse of power. Here's where you, the faithful Roboblog reader, get to reduce a bit of my anxiety. You see, I am arriving at LAX on June 30th at a little after 10:00 a.m. I've been having to sell off some nice stuff to make it out there, so I've not a whole lot of cash for the expedition. My good dear friend Evan isn't exactly rolling in dough either. And so I remark to him the other day, when he asks about shuttles from point A, the airport, to point B, the hotel, that it'll run us something like $39-$50 to get from A to B and he seems to find that totally unacceptable. And me, I just sort of shrug and ask, "Hey, whatcha gonna do?" And he makes a suggestion.

Me, I'm taking that suggestion and, with my handy soap box right here, inflating it to massive size. In short, if you are a trustworthy sort and can ferry me and my esteemed companion from LAX to the Cortona Inn & Suites in Anaheim that fine first day of our journey, that would be seriously appreciated. E-mail me or bother me on AIM/iChat (I'll be on much more often over the summer, starting Thursday) if you're feeling so benevolent.

"Ah, but what's in it for me?"

Didn't I say to contact me only if you're feeling benevolent? Geez. Well, I don't know, maybe I'll spot your meal if we go straight to breakfast or something. Heck if I know. But you'll be doing a fellow ROBOTECH fan -- and a very loud one at that -- a super-giant-fantastic favor. And really, isn't that enough?

...

No, I didn't think so. Trust me, I'll think of something.

2 Comments:

  • Those were the days.... *laughs*

    As you might guess, I need to be on a bit of a hiatus. I'm just not getting the time to do ANY writing lately. But if anything, I'm sure time in boot and A school will be plenty enough to write up a chapter or two.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 May, 2006 03:36  

  • *looks at image and sighs* Stop making me feel old....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24 May, 2006 16:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home