ROBOBLOG III Archives

7.16.2006

You find the darnedest things on YouTube

Like, for instance, a commercial for a Macross stamper set. (After watching this, I kind of want it.)



And a commercial for the old 1/55 scale Valkyrie toys from Takatoku.



And then, in this century, there's a twenty minute promo for the aforementioned import-only Another Century's Episode 2 video game for the PS2, in which you and a friend can sit down and play out fights between Akito Tenkawa (Nadesico) and Amuro Rei (Mobile Suit Gundam), Roy Fokker (Macross) and Zechs Merquise (Gundam Wing), and so many more that it boggles the mind. If you've got twenty minutes to kill, bask in the glory, then curse the fact that without some major rejiggering of your PS2 console, you'll never get to play this game.

3 Comments:

  • Major rejiggering? Just get the fliptop add-on use the slide card thing. Mod chip is no longer a requirement.

    Soldering = yuck

    By Blogger Ginrai, at 17 July, 2006 13:42  

  • Hey, I choose my words carefully. Having spent a few years in anime retail selling people slide cards and flip top add-ons, trust me, my observation has been that to your average individual, that's major rejiggering. At conventions, I'd say half the time when I'd explain the flip-top to someone, that would KILL their interest in getting any import games right away. On my last day of work at the store, I had to actually remove the top of someone's PS2 and put the new top on for them because the notion of doing it themselves frightened them. You wouldn't believe the number of phone calls that would come into the store that I'd have to take because, since I think I'd replaced, what, two tops I think, that made me the expert, so I get all the calls from the people who haven't a clue and have somehow managed to screw the procedure up. And since my own personal experience with the flip-top has been so smooth, trust me, trying to figure out where these people had gone wrong was a major pain in the butt.

    So even if you don't call that "major rejiggering" -- and I know I wouldn't if I were only going on my experiences with my own PS2 -- there's a very good reason I did here. @_@

    By Blogger Captain JLS, at 17 July, 2006 14:03  

  • Really? Well, I guess it's a matter of perception. The soldering thing I was not at all interested in, but the fliptop? Pfft. That's nothing.

    I guess if you're scared to use a computer that isn't a Mac, maybe you'd be in trouble, but it's really not difficult.

    Does anyone comment on Robotech blogs that ISN'T a geek to begin with, you think?

    By Blogger Ginrai, at 17 July, 2006 20:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home