ROBOBLOG III Archives

6.30.2006

One quick thing because I forgot to do it and I'm BORED ...

I am sitting, right now, in the airport with a little over an hour 'til my flight, and it completely slipped my mind that I was going to do this. I'm sure this is why God created wi-fi -- so bored people could post drawings nobody cares about to the internet for their own amusment, for the novelty of it. Yay for human achievement!

Immediately below is the hastily doodled frontispiece for the latest installment of my soon-to-be-concluding fanfic Robotech Conqueror from the new issue of Emissaries. I post it here because in the tangible fanzine, you can barely see it because all the grays lighter than such-and-such a shade were washed out. It hurt a few images throughout the 'zine, but none moreso than this poor doodle. As I noted somewhere below, this would really tick me off if I had spent more than, oh, five minutes scratching this out. Wish I could show it to you in color -- I grabbed the nearest pen when I drew this, and it was purple. That's how hastily it was done.

So imagine this, only purple. That's what the actual drawing, on a sheet of paper sitting at my house, looks like.



Now to finish my cappuccino and go through security, where my laptop will be irradiated. Again.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Jon, if you do find Wi-Fi, and have a copy of Conqueror on your laptop, can you email it to me. I most likely won't get Emmisaries before I ship out, and wouldn't mind reading it before I go.

    Thanks!

    (And you have, most likely, the MOST UNIQUE rendition of Tolarin out of any of the folks who have illustrated him. *laughs* He looks like he should be in a 70s anime! *laughs and rubs his chin* Hmmmmm... )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30 June, 2006 12:13  

  • Nice as always JLS :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 30 June, 2006 17:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home