ROBOBLOG III Archives

2.12.2007

On-site Toy Fair photos of the Masterpieces! What's that Beta Fighter doing here?


And the answer is ... Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Scott Bernard! Note he has two wisps of hair dangling down. Though y'know, they could pull a swappable head thing. I think that'd make it all better, don't you?
(Photo from Figures.com's Toynami Robotech gallery.)



Also, look, they're showing off Scott's transformable Beta Fighter again! I wonder why! (Visit the gallery for photos of docked Fighter mode.)

(P.S. Sorry for reaming you out below, Chris. This illness has been making me extra cranky. How the hell were YOU to know I've been sick as a dog for days?)

2 Comments:

  • Off Topic Brief Review of Shadow Chronicles:
    I watched the Shadow Chronicles last night for the first time and really liked it. It was so cool to hear the Robotech theme song in the beginning! I cranked it! Plus . . . the hair on the back of my neck stood up when Janice sang We Will Win at the end of the movie.

    But the movie made me a little sad for one reason only: the Sentinels are now officially not part of the canon! Yeah, I knew we were headed that way when the Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles came out, but it just didn't sink in until I watched the Haydonites become the new villains of Robotech. Now it has been a long, long time since I read the End of the Circle, but weren't the Haydonites good guys? And didn't their planet have a Artificial Intelligence or something? Maybe that is the "Awareness" we heard about.

    My only other gripe with the movie is that it didn't really explain the whereabouts of the other cast members. As a fan I knew that the Sterlings were on the SDF3, but why wouldn't Louie mention to Maia Sterling that he fought with her sister Dana?

    There were little things like that that impeded enjoyment of the film somewhat. I realize that getting the rights to feature aged versions of main characters from Southern Cross and Macross was a no-go, but couldn't they have at least mentioned their names and thrown the fans a bone?

    --Ry-on

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12 February, 2007 08:59  

  • They were bad guys in End of the Circle, too.

    By Blogger Ginrai, at 12 February, 2007 20:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home