ROBOBLOG III Archives

3.07.2007

I'm bringing the beer.

Or:

Your Space Station Liberty schedule update.

Thanks to show host Chris "Robotech_Master" Meadows for dropping this into my in-box this afternoon. He probably only had to push a button to do it, or maybe it's automated and he didn't have to do a darned thing, but it's appreciated nonetheless.

Tomorrow night at 10 p.m. EST, Chris's guest is Yuri Lowenthal, the voice of Marcus Rush in Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, as well as Superman in the new Legion of Super-Heroes cartoon and Sasuke in Naruto. A more complete account of his credits (including lots of video games) can be found at his IMDB listing.

Sunday at 5 p.m. EST, Chris is holding a Space Station Liberty going away party for our dear pal Darkwater, who's ... well, going away, heading for greener pastures that involve more money and less time for bringing da snark about our favorite franchise and the folks who run it these days. You can bet I'm going to be there for this one. Probably with beer in hand. (Yeah, it will be kind of early for that, but I don't think it'd feel right otherwise.)

Tuesday, March 13, at 10 p.m. EST, Chris's guest will be Steve Kramer, best known to ROBOTECH fans as the voice of Angelo Dante in Robotech Masters, who also worked as a writer and voice director on the series. The man's done a lot of voice acting, especially in English dubbed anime. See an accounting of his credits at his IMDB listing.

* * *


Last night, my pals Levi and David and I all watched my copy of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles; I've, of course, seen it a couple o'times at this point, so who cares what I think? Levi went with me to St. Louis back in November, but hadn't seen it since then; he was quite happy to be able to see it in conditions where he could make out what in the hell was going on in the mecha battle scenes. David hadn't seen it at all, however ... and afterwards, he was sorely tempted to go right out and buy it immediately, which seems like a very positive reaction, though he did make mention -- without any previous knowledge of the never-ending discussions we've all had -- that all the women seemed to have giant distracting breasts. But it didn't detract from his enjoyment of the movie, and even made him want to go back and watch a whole lot of ROBOTECH, despite his loathing of the show's ever-present narrator. I think that's quite something.

But here on the interwobble, it seems someone -- a person calling himself the King of the Fish People -- was far less entertained by the flick.

OUCH.

More later.

2 Comments:

  • That guy's reaction to Shadow Chronicles is hilarious and seriously made my day. Even I didn't think it was THAT bad, although the Funmation people should be flogged for forcing me to watch that DBZ commercial at the beginning of the DVD.

    As for the breasts in TSC: blame it on Protoculture. If it can give Lang and Zand super intelligence, allow the Robotech Masters to rule with an iron fist, and make the Regis into something other than a slug, it can surely generate giant space boobies. It's the will of the shapings.

    By Blogger JHC, at 07 March, 2007 19:13  

  • Hey Cap'n JLS, if you're not doing anything in Real life at the moment, come on down and check my blog, I'm asking fans to help me decide something for my flash film. Thanks in advance if you help out!

    Good job filling in Darkwater's shoes!

    http://robotechflash.blog.com/

    By Blogger ChrisK, at 07 March, 2007 22:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home