ROBOBLOG III Archives

1.20.2009

Ouchness! Maia's Shadow Fighter recalled!


Via Kevin McKeever's blog -- Toynami is recalling the Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles Masterpiece Collection Maia Sterling's Shadow Fighter due to quality control problems. I wonder -- would these problems be comparable to the problems folks experienced with Aoshima's release of the Masterpiece Alphas?

Funny thing is, the only reason I noticed this news was because I was looking 'round for a review of the toy. I guess this works just as well.

Click through to Kevin's blog for the full details.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • What about every other single MPC that fell apart up until this point? And by that I mean... every single MPC.

    (obvious joke had to go for it!)

    By Blogger Darkwater, at 20 January, 2009 22:30  

  • *rim shot*

    Yeah, yeah, that was the same thought I had right off the bat.

    Right now I'm looking at the Robotech.com thread that Kevin points to and, MAN, I'm stunned. It's like, WOW, the QC on these suckers is the worst it's ever been -- and it's never been great (seriously, as I've said before, the one Alpha I bought had two of the same wing, so the QC on these has NEVER been very good). Plus, it sounds like the toy has the wrong chest parts. Good grief!

    By Blogger Captain JLS, at 20 January, 2009 23:16  

  • Yeah, there are a few reviews out there listing all the things wrong, but apparently it's subpar, even for an Alpha MPC.
    It's really a shame, since the Beta is FANTASTIC. I feel bad linking the two together, the difference is that stark.

    By Blogger Pedro, at 21 January, 2009 09:12  

  • That's a real bummer. :(

    By Blogger SailorCallie, at 22 January, 2009 18:59  

  • For those that are not aware, I emailed Toynami for information. Yoi can find their response posted on Robotech.com at:

    http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=1935545&forumid=23&pagenumber=5#post

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22 January, 2009 22:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home