ROBOBLOG III Archives

12.09.2008

Fer reviews LSB II; HG screws up Masterpiece price.


  • See, I'm not the only one who likes Lonely Soldier Boy II -- good ol' Fer Goodnough praises it as possibly the best ROBOTECH music album ever. I'm inclined to agree with him.


  • Robotech.com has opened up pre-orders for the Masterpiece Collection Maia Sterling's Shadow Fighter. Last night the pre-order price was $59.99, the same reduced price that the remaining three original Toynami New Gen Masterpiece Alpha Fighters (red, green, Shadow) sell for there. Whoops! It was (and is) supposed to be $79.99, so all those pre-orders got canceled ... *sigh*

    (Props to Roger Harkavy for alerting me to the change. And to think, that $59.99 price had me all excited last night. Phoo.)


  • Adrian Lozano @ OverDrive provides more photos of the Beagle Mospeada, which will in slightly rejiggered form come out Stateside as the Masterpiece Cyclone; Yaco @ Yacolog has his own to share, too.
  • Labels: , , , , , ,

    3 Comments:

    • Aww, thanks for noticing! Now it makes me wish I had actually said more about the album itself, lol! But I thought saying "I loved this track!... Oooh, and I also loved this track!... Oooh ooh, and this track too!" would get a little old. So "best album ever" kinda summed it all up in one phrase.

      Let's keep spreading the word and getting people to find this album!!

      By Blogger Fer, at 10 December, 2008 13:30  

    • Why/how is the head going to be different between the two models. I've noticed you said it twice but was a little curious on why...

      Are we getting like a Shadow Chronicles version? Or what?

      By Blogger Unknown, at 10 December, 2008 23:25  

    • Tolarin:

      No ... it's weird, it's subtly different. Here, this is the one we're getting in the U.S. (via CollectionDX's San Diego '08 coverage) ...

      http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/FeatureImages/SanDiego/2008/Toynami/P7257686.jpg.html

      And here's the Beagle version via Adrian's overview, part the first ...

      http://www.over-drive-inc.com/overdrive-blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/beagle_ride_armor_0003.jpg

      If it was a Shadow Chronicles version, I'd get it. As it is ... I guess it's just a cosmetic thing.

      By Blogger Captain JLS, at 11 December, 2008 00:15  

    Post a Comment

    << Home