ROBOBLOG III Archives

10.17.2005

Robotech Comics in January


ROBOTECH: PRELUDE TO THE SHADOW CHRONICLES #5
Written by Tommy Yune, John Waltrip & Jason Waltrip
Art and cover by Omar Dogan
The epic tale reaches its shocking conclusion as Rick and company battle a horribly mutated General Edwards! Can the heroes succeed against this final, devastating threat? Plus, the final installment of the "behind-the-scenes" look at the making of January's Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles DVD release!
On sale Jan 18 o 5 of 5 o 32 pg, FC, $3.50 US




OH MY GOD, THE WALTRIPS ARE GETTING TO TELL THEIR DAMN STORY!!

Oh, you don't know why my heart just leaped into my throat and tried to choke me, do you? Well, here's a little behind-the-scenes info, an excerpt from an interview between Evan Cass (former editor/publisher of Emissaries) and the Waltrip brothers, from Emissaries Issue #3, Summer 2002 ...

The biggest surprise we were planning was having General Edwards survive the Genesis Pit, if only briefly. Just as Rick and Lisa think he is gone forever, Edwards would rise up out of the Genesis Pit transformed into a giant, hideous monster. - Jason Waltrip


I never expected that thread to wind up in this series. It looks like Jason & John Waltrip will *actually* be able to wrap it up the way they wanted to. Oh, sure, we've got all this Shadow Chronicles lead-in stuff going on -- most of the folks on the cover there are the new Shadow Chronicles cast, don'tcha know -- but their big capper, a scene I've long turned over in my head, pictured with a big silly grin on my face, is actually going to see print. That's just cool. And like all the WildStorm books, it's more or less going to be considered canon for the current timeline, which is just *odd* ...




I've been working on the annotations -- the second pass through, doing scans and such -- for Prelude #1 since 11:00 this morning, and god willing, they should be done tonight. However, I got a distraction in the mail this afternoon, and I'm only on page four with the scans, and I've got to grab some dinner and get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, so we'll see how this goes. If I don't get it done, I'm planning on just posting it as is so far and doing it piecemeal, like the preview.

Oh, and remember, everyone ... Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles #2 is out this Wednesday. I hope you all preordered your copies, because you know how comic shops are ... considering all the WildStorm Robotech #0's I saw in quarter bins at the last comic convention I went to, they probably aren't ordering Prelude in very high numbers, so it might be a wee bit hard to find.

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for the cover for issue five! That was a nice surprise today.

    A horribly mutated General Edwards, hmmm I wonder if it's going to play out like they want or if they take it a step further. Maybe he tries to evolve himself at the end of issue four. what fun!

    And if we have to wait another day for the annotations not a problem at all.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17 October, 2005 19:16  

  • January's Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles DVD release!

    Someone pointed this out part out - I had totally missed.

    R:SC coming in January? I don't believe it. I think HG jumped the gun once again. When they announce this thing, I doubt it'll be in a blurb of comics solicitation.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17 October, 2005 19:47  

  • GAH! This is why I'm no good at this ... I totally missed that. Copied, pasted, shrugged, went back about my business of geeking out over minutae. January, hm? Poor guys, missing their target by *that* much. Ah well.

    Though seriously, I think you're right, Darkwater -- a "believe it when I see it" attitude is probably best. It'll hurt less when the smokescreen comes up and it gets pushed back to, I dunno, May or next October or something. >_<

    By Blogger Captain JLS, at 17 October, 2005 22:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home