ROBOBLOG III Archives

1.04.2006

*snicker*

WIth the new soundtrack shipping this week, I've been listening to my copy of the old soundtrack this afternoon. When I opened the case, I was struck by the ad for the old "Robotech Perfect Collection" tapes. Remember those? Each tape had two episodes of Robotech, plus the two corresponding episodes of not very well subtitled Macross, Southern Cross, or Mospeada. (The first Southern Cross tape had three episodes of Robotech -- "Dana's Story," if you'll recall, was pieced together from footage used elsewhere in both Southern Cross & Macross.)

The remark that made me laugh, regarding the uncut original Japanese episodes: "This is the only way that the original uncut episodes will ever be marketed in this country."

I'm sure they never thought VHS would become an obsolete format either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home