ROBOBLOG III Archives

1.05.2007

This confuses me.


As Darkwater pointed out, this is the first day of FUNimation's non-film festival theatrical run of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. If you're in Portland, OR or Indianapolis, IN, you could be watching Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, like, tonight, in a real theater with people and everything! Bully for you!

Tomorrow a single showing of The Shadow Chronicles is happening in Columbus, OH, in conjunction with Ohayocon. This afternoon I tripped over this blurb about it, and stared at it long and hard. If you know what the map above represents, and give the blurb a look, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Yeah, it's the bit where they claim this is the "Midwest Premiere" of the film. On Saturday. After the showings in Indianapolis today, one state over in the westerly direction. I think Indianapolis is in the Midwest. Oh, and let's not forget the film festival showing in St. Louis, MO that Chris and I went to last November. And I seem to recall one in Chicago, too, before that. Yeah. "Premiere." Uh huh.

It's not like I want to rain on anyone's parade here, but seriously, what's up with this? Is anyone special going to be there ... I mean, besides Azoric?

2 Comments:

  • Maybe all they have at Harmony Gold are Reflex Point maps...

    Right...about...here

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06 January, 2007 02:41  

  • I'm guessing its a theater that made a committment to a certain number of people, or a club that promised a large showing. I went ad saw this in Indianapolis on Saturday ( 3:30 showing ) and there were lestt than 10 people there... of course the Colts game was scheduled to start later that afternoon, but I think its fair to say that Robotech and Football don't have a large overlap in fan base :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08 January, 2007 08:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home