ROBOBLOG III Archives

10.19.2008

Producer Chuck Roven: "I'm hopeful that Robotech will start shooting sometime next year."


ROBOTECH live action movie producer Chuck Roven talks to IESB.net about the film in this video snippet from the Spike TV's Scream 2008 Awards.

Here's all I really took away from this, personally ...

Since Roven said they want to start shooting next year, if Tobey Maguire's shooting two Spider-Man movies for Sony in the very near future (one of which will certainly come out in the same summer as ROBOTECH), I'm thinking he may have to pass on playing Rick Hunter, or any other possible lead role.

Thoughts, gang?

(Thanks to pal/roommate Evan Cass for the link.)

(Also, I would've used a less totally generic pic, but I couldn't find one I liked, and the video wasn't cooperating when I wanted to take a screen grab.)

Late morning update: Hm, then again, Sam Raimi apparently told MTV last week about the next Spidey flick, "I don't have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I'm guessing." (Emphasis mine, see here, link via The Comic Reel @ Comic Book Resources.) If ROBOTECH remains on track to start shooting in '09, as Roven suggests, I guess Maguire could yet hop into that big-screen Veritech Fighter cockpit before putting the red & blue webbed tights again. The earliest reports on the next Spider-Man movies suggested they might start filming in Fall '09.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • After watching the Dragon Ball trailer and then seeing Speed Racer, I am afraid for the Robotech movie :|
    I'm still somewhat excited, but at the same time scared shitless

    However, I'm surprised to hear there's going to be two spiderman movies, I had only heard about the 4th which I'm excited about. Hopefully 4 & 5 can make up for what the 3rd lacked.

    By Blogger Yours Truly, at 19 October, 2008 15:20  

  • Hopefully it'll come out after I'm out of the Navy. I'd love to go see Robotech with a bunch of friends... laugh and cry at the movie.

    All I want is the SDF-1 and the VF-1s to look SOMEHWAT similar. Although, it is my Robotech wet-dream to see a bad ass live action high budget fight between a VF-1 and a Queadluun-Rau.

    I'd be sold on the movie then....

    By Blogger Unknown, at 19 October, 2008 20:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home