ROBOBLOG III Archives

10.11.2008

Evan is going to have to start saving his pennies.

Yesterday, while I was putting together my little linky-link post, friend/roommate/former-Emissaries-&-Robotech Roundtable-guy Evan caught a glimpse of the pics of Yamato's 1/60 Tomahawk figure as I was copying down the URL for the link. As I said, lovely figure, it's on my must-buy list along with the MegaHouse version of Lancer's Cyclone.

As I was continuing to admire the detailing of the Tomahawk in the pics, Evan started getting all wistful about the Defender/Raidar X/Rifleman. He walked over to his bookshelf, pulled down his little die-cast one, started talking about back when he had the old Matchbox one when he was a kid and how his dad put together this giant Battletech map to scale with the Matchbox Destroids and all the memories attached to that mecha. Point being, dude's got a soft spot for that design. Loves it.

Evan, this link is for YOU.



This one's gonna be about a hundred bucks (9,800 yen), like the Tomahawk, and it's coming out in December. Maybe I could get it for you for Christmas, if I'm not penniless by then?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • I'm thinking tax-return season has $100 already spoken for.

    (What a great way to wake up! ,^_^ )

    By Blogger American Narada, at 11 October, 2008 08:18  

  • bah humbug, don't even bring up christmas, that holiday is evil!
    I hate doing christmas shopping.

    By Blogger Yours Truly, at 11 October, 2008 11:45  

  • Perhaps you have to spend another 100 bucks for the weathering version once Yamato decided to make more money out from the same mould. Hee! Hee!

    By Blogger Dennis aka Katsuden, at 12 October, 2008 09:58  

  • When I saw that Destroid picture, I almost fell out of my chair.
    First the Beta and now THIS.
    Dammit, I thought I was done with the orgy of spending when I bought my last Alpha...
    I wonder if they are going to make a MONSTER MAC II....
    I know what i'm asking for for christmas!

    By Blogger Pedro, at 13 October, 2008 14:20  

  • Between my love of all things Battletech and my love all things Robotech... these Destroids must come into my posession. Hmmm... only a month until I get back to Japan... *rubs his chin* Excellent...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 14 October, 2008 21:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home