ROBOBLOG III Archives

1.20.2009

If these existed, I would STRONGLY consider buying them ...


Artist "reysol" has Photoshopped up some Robotech Mighty Muggs, based on the Hasbro-produced vinyl toy-styled figures of the same name. Alas, no tangible product, though Hasbro is selling blank Mighty Muggs now, so hey, if you've got the time and the talent ...

Which got me thinking, tangentially ... Character Options in the UK has started doing their own version of Hasbro's cutesy/squat character figures (such as their Marvel "Super Hero Squad," Transformers "Robot Heroes," and so on based on whatever franchise they're associated with) for their Doctor Who license. What's stopping Toynami from doing the same for ROBOTECH? Sure, it'd be just as bandwagon-hopping as Toynami's ill-fated I-Men block figure-style guys, but this is a much better bandwagon to jump on! Am I right here, people? I'm ALWAYS tempted to buy more of Hasbro's Heroes/Squad/whatever guys. Tie that to my favorite franchise of all time and, well, Toynami would have all of MY money!

(Though like I said, Mighty Mugg-style figures? Definitely something I'd consider, too. Especially if, oh, sayyyy, they did a Breetai. Guys? Guys? Are you listening?)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • That has got to be the cutest Dalek I have ever seen.

    By Blogger Fer, at 21 January, 2009 20:24  

  • Robotech set of Mighty Muggs. I'm looking forward to that.

    By Blogger SailorCallie, at 22 January, 2009 18:58  

  • I like the mighty mugs, though I have until recently been successful in avoiding buying them. Unfortunately, I found a Darth Revan Mighty Mug the other day and all my willpower vanished long enough to swipe my debit card.

    CURSE YOU HASBRO!!!!

    But yeah if Toynami came out with a Robotech Lime of these I'd be totally broke...

    By Blogger Treiz, at 01 February, 2009 02:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home