ROBOBLOG III Archives

2.03.2009

Hey, do you remember that one guy?


You know, the guy who mentioned the Warner Bros./Maguire Ent. ROBOTECH live action thing? The producer guy? The one in the interview that's still linked at ROBOTECH.COM? Well, according to Anime News Network he's off the project. This leaves Akiva "sure, I wrote Batman & Robin, but I also have an Oscar, so screw you, fanboy" Goldsman and Tobey "oh god, I'm going to be playing Spider-Man for the rest of my life" Maguire as the remaining producers on the project.

Soooooo, anyone heard anything about that script the Smallville guys are working on?

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • I don't like that news one bit.....
    batman and robin was just awful! I hate to think that used to like it when I was younger and stupid.

    By Blogger Yours Truly, at 03 February, 2009 03:25  

  • Aw, crap! :(

    By Blogger SailorCallie, at 03 February, 2009 19:24  

  • Your assessment of Toby Maguire is hilariously awesome and true. Too bad I can't stand him as Spidey.

    Maybe I'm a little late to the party, discussion-wise, but does anyone else get the feeling that HGUSA isn't going to be too worried about a proper "Robotech" movie when a Macross adaptation can be readily packaged and sold to Japan? Even with the issues between BW and HGUSA, BW would be stupid not to at least attempt to cash in on whatever ultimately comes out of this.

    So, if the Batman & Robin guy is involved, does that mean that the SDF-01 will have the same visual traits as the Batsuit from said movie? Heh.

    By Blogger JHC, at 06 February, 2009 17:06  

  • don't forget the horrible cheesy dialogue from batman and robin too
    such ass "The ice man cometh" & "let's kick some ice"
    just thinking about what could happen to the robotech movie gives me the screaming meemies

    By Blogger Yours Truly, at 06 February, 2009 23:09  

  • JFC has got me all excited.

    In fact, I will picket the world premiere if there aren't nipples on the SDF-1.

    By Blogger Chrispy, at 07 February, 2009 04:18  

  • LOL!! :D

    By Blogger SailorCallie, at 07 February, 2009 21:40  

  • that's hollywood. I hope there's better news by this summer.

    By Blogger Treiz, at 08 February, 2009 00:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home